On Sunday March 1, we met with our future Land lady, two realtors and the current renter. It was a successful meeting as they decided they would like to have us as renters. Chris and I were nervous since they weren't thrilled about renting to Americans, much less, those with dogs! It was a rather formal morning. We are convinced that Nick was the one to win them over. I tried to capture some photos to further entice you all to visit!!
The family room as a wonderful wood burning fireplace. They also have a separate wood burning stove that can be used to heat the rest of the home.
73765 Neuhausen a.d. Fildern, Neuhausen auf den Fildern
This is actually the guest bathroom area. The home has so much room-to include a huge guest room and bathroom. Perfect for visitors! Right now there is a Sauna downstairs too. Chris and I decided we didn't want to buy it from the current renters as we may turn that space into something else, however, the landlady may opt to buy it and leave it with the home. Either way, not a bad deal!
The kitchen is great per german standards. It doesn't have the HUGE fridge and freezer we have grown accustom to - but you cannot have everything!
This will be our breakfast area. The table stays as well as the cabinet which is awesome.
The upstairs has two bedrooms and this bathroom. Its huge with two sinks, a shower and separate tub.
This is the master bedroom with built in bed. Behind the bed is all wall full of built in closets. This is awesome!! Most German homes don't have any closets so we were thrilled to find one that had so many built in! Wonderful!
This is the back yard - you can see to the left side there is a blocked in Garden area. Chris has high hopes that Nick and I will be able to mass produce Tomatoes, Squash, and other fresh veggies this summer. The dirt here is so RICH. It should be a breeze to work with since I am used to the Texas rock and clay -) We will see.
This is a photo of the back terrasse. The top window is our master bedroom and the below window is the breakfast area. Behind this photo is a small little fish pond. Nick will have a lot of little chores to include feeding the fish! Wonder if we can grow them as big as Grandma Sue does? The land lady already has tons of great plants that I hope to keep alive during our stay there (to include about 7 different rose bushes). I cannot wait to see everything blume!We get to move in April 1st. It works perfect since that is the same time our shipment will arrive. Now I am just counting through the LONG month of march!!
After viewing the home on Sunday afternoon, we went to visit with the Mobleys in a town over. The boys went running (about 9 miles along a ridge line - I believe it included a beer stop too) I stayed with Erica and got to know her and their four kids. She gave me some tricks of the trade as they moved to Germany in August of 2006. That night they prepared an amazing meal with Goose, Ham and home made mac and cheese! It was awesome! Great evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment