Friday, February 25, 2011

Friends are everywhere.... right now

So here's a quick one that i want to put in for the record books.

Knowing that our closest buddies days in germany are numbered, I find myself doing everyday things thinking....  I can do this without all my buddies around.  Like today for instance.  Shane and I picked up Nick at kindergarden and opted to head to Kelley barracks for a yummy subway sub and to pop a package in the mail.  No big schedule, just a few simple errands.  I texted Chris in hopes that he had time to meet us.  Since I didn't plan ahead, he was leaving Kelley Barracks at the very same instance as we were arriving.  We literally passed eachother. 

No biggie - the kids will love the sandwhiches and we will enjoy a low key afternoon of walkable errands.  We successfully find a parking spot and I grab the dudes for lunch.  Nick runs in about a step in front of me and within 2 seconds, the beautiful smiling face of Diane fills the door.  She was thrilled to see Nick walk through the door (as were her sweet girls Eve and Anna).  I couldn't believe she was there!

My simple boring lunch was just completely enhanced by our closest friends.  Nick managed to eat his sandwhich while being entertained by his two best girl pals.  I sat at a table with Shane, Merlene, Diane and sweet baby Blake (who even feel asleep on my shoulder, I still have the touch!) enjoying some girl talk.

We were blessed by an afternoon of love from our buddies - as if they knew where to find us.  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment