Now that we live in Ashburn and her family in Williamsburg (only 3 hours away) it would happen right? Well life can easily make that impossible, however she kept connecting and mentioning great deals with Busch gardens and how perfectly her house could host us all etc. So we packed up the family and headed out after Nick's Saturday afternoon soccer game. We arrived just in time to enjoy fun time in the backyard
They had a great little bounce house
Its amazing how kids that have never met can play so well so immediately
Drew got some time too although I don't think he knew how to maximize the bounce house.....
Next onto the playset - Jesse had a pretty impressive construction story for this one as he assembled all 1000+ pieces---Stephanie's claim to fame was this 5 piece glider---He is a very involved dad with his twin girls but admittedly struggles in the hair department - I love that comment =)
Even a little Drew swing!
Steph prepped some fabulous pizzas for the kids to create. Their house was perfect for entertaining especially the little folks.
After kid dinner the adults sat down to their own dinner, meanwhile the kids all played in Nora and Adeline's room. I snuck in there and snapped a few photos as it was crazy quite. I stumbled on the book reading, Steph went back a few minutes later and caught Nick and Nora still reading while Shane and Adeline were caring for the dolls by putting them to bed or pushing them in strollers. What great kids.
Later that night we all played Euchre. As luck would have it, we each won a game and opted to host the "rubber match" in Ashburn.
There is just something about sitting across the table from Steph that just made me feel like I was 19 again, I love that! Chris and Jesse got along great too. We met Jesse at our wedding and I was fortunate to be able to attend their wedding too (but since Chris was in Iraq, Vito was my date!!) so it was great to have the guys enjoying some time together as well. Our families just meshed so well together we are so fortunate!
Sunday morning was our chance to attack Busch Gardens. Attending it with the Mosers meant going VIP style. They are only 4 miles away and armed with season passes and platinum parking. They had the double Bob and we had the Phil and Ted. Every seat was taken (and essential too!)
We were there at 10 and it was a HUGE hit, the kids LOVED it. There were tons of rides for even Shane. Roller coasters, gliders, air balloons, etc.
They all hopped right on the horses immediately - here is Nick and Nora
Shane and Adeline
Stephanie tried to dress the girls differently but I know we all struggled to make sure we got the names right. Nick was so cute because I heard him try to use both names with each girl. I can only imagine Shane's brain trying to remember.
Can you believe this ride could handle everyone (meaning all ages?)
Look at this happy crew!! I loved sitting next to Shane - his AAR comment after the ride was it made his pee pee tickle...
Next for the romantic water ride. Shane selected Steph as his date over Momma
Love this photo of Nick and Adeline
Shane was enjoying it so much that we actually pushed the envelope a bit when we took him on the 'Viking ship' a favorite of Nora's. Halfway through the ride he was rather adamant that he was no longer enjoying it. Once we hopped off we kept it more Shane style.
O.k. this was a little boring for Shane style - Drew was ready to get out too
Bumper cars.... This photo brings back memories or Tate and nick on the bummer cars together for the first time - Nick couldn't reach the pedals and we really hardly knew the McCullough's who know I couldn't imagine life without....
Back onto today.... How cool is this glider ride?
Hey there Adeline!
There are some AMAZING adult roller coasters. With Chris still recovering from shoulder surgery I had the green light in the entertainment department (as long as he didn't mind being saddled with 3 kids and 2 angry birds....hehe!). The boys let stephanie and I run off to some THRILLING rides. She maneuvered us to the front of her favorites. I will forever remember dangling on the 'griffin' and hearing quite the scream come out of my lungs but hopping right back in line. Thanks Stephanie for such a wonderful weekend!! We loved it. Look at these 2 faces, do they really look much different? I would say no!
Looks like a great weekend! Miss you guys and loved seeing the pictures of everyone's kids together! Nicole
ReplyDelete