Back to school day and Cherry Brook Elementary. Shane got to sit with his class - learn his teacher's name (Mrs Theriault - its a tough one for a little guy) and.....
Practice riding the bus!! Success! That is his principal in that photo. Great guy and very relate-able!
Drew desperately wants to ride the bus - but for now he will just be the hugger on the return trip.
How can I forget this gem of a story - Since coming back to CT, more specifically, the Farmington valley, faces tend to look a bit familiar to me. Who knows why, a high school buddy, someone from church... When Nick and I had HIS meet and greet on the Monday before school it was exciting to walk down the hall and imagine what his new room would look like. Knowing nothing about the school, we just strolled along looking for classroom 20. I could see in the distance a cool monkey hanging by a door, silently I hopes that would be Nick's class as it already looked fun an festive. Turned out it is! In our quick introduction of his super fun teacher Nick started looking around the room and checking out life. Meanwhile I did a second glance of his teacher, than a 3rd. Than I asked her if she was from Simsbury - my hometown - yes, - o.k., she said her maiden name... O.k., still thinking. Than off goes the light bulb - she was my babysitter!! Only a few years ago right?!? I LOVED her. She always let Stosh and I try her make up and she always had so much energy - well, she still does and we are over the moon to have her as Nick's Teacher!!
Already Love you Mrs. Nani!
No comments:
Post a Comment