Here we go!! My sister and her family arrived Saturday afternoon.
The cousins LOVE being together so now is the time to capitalize on that. Its awesome really. We were so thankful that my folks were basically booked so staying with us was a wonderful option (in my opinion) I know its great to stay with my folks - so I will take second place.... here are some shots from our weekend together.
Sunday made for the perfect canoe trial run. With Jason to help Chris it was almost easy!
A little picnic in the park.
I managed to get us all in
Twizzlers??
Next up, an afternoon at Oma Sue and Goomba's pool - Love that somehow, the kids end up on the 'high top'
Except for this little bugger.
loved trying to catch them all in the pool
Monday Morning - Memorial Day -
A day that my sister and I remember for YEARS being in the band, flag girls, marching. I used to think every town had a wonderful Memorial day parade honoring those that have searched this great country making the ultimate sacrifice. However having lived in so many different towns, I realized were pretty lucky - Texas didn't have this, neither did Virginia. So these little parade became even more of a treasure to me.
Here we go all decked out in our Red, White and Blue. My sister and I both wanted to catch Nick holding Maddies's hand
This was our first time at the Canon/Collinsville parade.
Great bunch of convertibles, the volunteer Fire men and trucks, the band was AWESOME (didn't get a photo)
Later that afternoon we HAD to go to the Simsbury Parade to compare. The fife and Drum corps were awesome - but as far as high school band performances - Canton takes the cake!
Great afternoon and exactly what I feel like Memorial Day should be.
No comments:
Post a Comment