Due to the large amount of snow and the ice that fell later that evening and snow removal being a challenge in the big parking lots and streets - we had another snow day (or really because they felt that last summer was WAY too long)
I told the boys we could be the first ones to Ski Sundown
- but I needed their help -
never seen such motivation -
Shane was rocking the PBJs (one Nutella for him), Nick was mixing the hot chocolate and Drew was peeling the carrots - (all in their long undies - best part!)
I even offered to bring a 4th boy - we love Ryan! AND that morning I got a text from Heidi that she Waylon and Madelyn could meet us there.
Check out this innovation - (not sure why he wouldn't smile....) no one gave him this idea - I only asked him to peel carrots. He got his stool and placed it on the foot of the garbage can to keep it open. Seriously, I was amazed and LOVED it!
Ski Sundown was in their glory - and it felt awesome. everyone was HAPPY to do their job. Loved loved loved being their with the kiddos. So happy for this little mountain! photographers were there, lots of folks were on the lift talking about the work call they needed to get back for or the 'hookie' they were playing from work.
I LOVED seeing our neighbors there and even our principal. Mr. Robin - he went up to Nick and Ryan saying - "Is this better than being in school??" to which they answered yes - "Than remember that in June!"
This little boarder ROCKED the moguls.
Sundown took a gamble to made snow in March (expensive and rarely done) but with February as mild as it was, it kept them open. They even 'seeded' moguls 4 days before this storm - amazing luck!
With the crust of ice on Tuesday, the first few runs down these trails were VERY challenging. By the time I finally got to them with Ryan and Nick (leaving Drew and Shane with Heidi holding down home base) they were perfect!
Look at these guys rock it
https://youtu.be/Rl2INkQ8hx0
I still love watching this video
It was seriously awesome.
Yes, I normally wear a helmet - however as we unloaded the mini van at the slope - guess who forgot theirs....
Anyone see a blue helmet in this photo??
These 2 were peas in a pod -
And good bubble blowers.
Happy to sit on the sundeck too (if only they sold beer there!)
By the time the afternoon was over - THEY were exhausted.
Me too - school tomorrow right?!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment