Love this photo as here Nick and I are headed to get 2 super soft donuts for my new retainer wearing man.
His poor little mouth.
And yet he didn't once ask or expect Donuts so it was even more of a blessing to be able to surprise him.
The snow was falling too - extra special
Icing on the cake, we were babysitting for our friends wonderful dog Roxy - an act of love for our friends and their dog.
I feel the good.
After painting our room I took down the old photo I always hung - it was a photo I grabbed while a LT in Germany at the REAL - is signified 2 friends up late having a glass of wine together talking about their lives. It was just time to change it. But being such a prmininet spot in our daily life - to what. This thought kept coming to my mind.
And than I went to church and heard of the shocking and very sad passing of one of our church members.
I pray I never forget her.
Ginny and her 2 boys (3 really when you include her husband Paul)
They often sat behind us in Church. Or shall I say we sat in front. Our church when you are late you get front row seats, thus we were often in front. She always found a way to say something kind or thoughtful to our family. She often made the time to stop by and bring hand me downs from her boys. She made calendars with her photographic talent - beautiful captures of our Canton Town. I am thankful to purchase a few as gifts for our family.
Ginny had cancer. Not many of us knew this. She was originally diagnosed in 1996 and had bouts on and off for years following that. Her boys are high school age.
She never stopped praying, never stopped believing and truly never stopped being the good in so many folks lives. Ginny is the good
Her memorial service at our church was something I went to alone yet with hundreds of others as it was a packed house. I cried the entire time and not entirely sure why other than a beautiful soul is no longer here with us.
Than I asked 2 local artists (Kim Algren and John Nottingham) to make this sign. One for me and one for her family.
I hung mine up instantly and taped her memorial program to the back.
I held onto the one for her family. I was suddenly scared to go over there. I didn't know Paul and the boys very well at all. Heck I didn't personally know Ginny well. But I knew she couldn't have been known well, she wanted to be.
Fast Forward until April - yes, it took me that long.
After the boys baseball game Drew and I drove to Ginny's house in hopes of not completely disturbing them or making it awkward.
Paul was along working and organizing his garage. He recognized me and welcomed us. Drew stayed with me as we chatted a bit. Not chatted, but talked. Paul is such a good soul. I told him I wasn't sure if there was room in his home for this sign, but I wanted him or something he loved to have it. He wanted to talk about Ginny, about the notes he was finding of her prayers, how he just washed her pillow for the first time. How it is so hard without her. How he is amazed by the support circle that has surrounded his family and all the work it takes to maintain that and how Ginny truly poured into so many. I left his home having HIM made me feel thankful I stopped by. Than in just a mere 3 days I get the most beautiful thank you note.
It is never too late, and God works in truly beautiful and amazing ways. Ginny I hope you get to see of feel the amazing things you have done, created and touched in your life here on earth and continue to do so in Heaven.

No comments:
Post a Comment