Saturday we took the kiddos mountain biking to blend some of our favorite people. Farrah needed some time to finish her job application and to just be......
I was so proud of Tate. He doesn't mountain bike nearly as frequently or at all really. Nick offered him his new bike and we headed off for a loop. It was a challenge but he never complained. He took our trips and did the best he could as the other pedaled on. Macy and Shane rocked the kayaking and waited for us there.
Confession - I am writing this blog over THANKGIVING - yes, I am that behind and while I would like to think one day my kids will treasure this and read over it. I am also thankful for the words and capture of others. So for this one (and a few others) I give thanks to Farrah!!
And then we headed over to see Stormy- and the minute we pulled in, I got all teary eyed! I sat on the stpe with her and just loved on her for a bit, and I think she recognized us- but how confusing it must have been for her to see us again, and without Brian. She had aged- she was skinny and her back hips were weak- but she still had moments of unbelievable energy and agility that were jaw dropping at 17 years old!
Les recently put in a putting green in the yard, so the kids got busy and Stormy tagged along-

Same with the pool, Stormy was right with the kiddos-



As always, it was so heartwarming to see the kids back together, picking up right where the last left off.
A little water fun with Chris -
https://youtu.be/shK4ZNBSDHA
And Brian called while we were with Stormy, so he got to see her too!

That night Sara had a special birthday celebration for Macy-

And the boys made her a fantastic ice cream cake-

I didn't take a picture, but one of the gifts that they gave Macy was a giant wearable, thick blanket- which we now call the Purple People Eater and she loves!
For the record - Tate is now officially DONE celebrating Macy's Birthday. Apparently she got to celebrate in CA, VA, and CT - enough is enough right??
Sunday morning we watched church all together in the livingroom- even had communion together- and we left for the next stop on our New England adventure- Jamestown, RI.
Back to me
Yes, you heard it, they left us! We had a few more days of school and they had some friend visiting to do.
we took a little time out by the river rock stacking.
No comments:
Post a Comment