This is our first legit adventure since COVID really happened. Crazy getting in the car and heading out. We are a good car driving family - meaning we RARELY stop enrout to DC. Yes, we made it to the hotel. Kids were great about keeping to themselves and not touching things (for the most part) We got to the hotel and unloaded a bit for this night. Chipotle (ordered online) by the river for dinner tonight. Love seeing this kid eat!
I gotta say, I do love how this family travels. Minimal frills - plenty of fun.
Feeding the birds a bit
After figuring out how to park (took a few loops) we had a beautiful evening to explore.
There weren't too many folks out and about as you can imagine. The sights were still just as striking
Drew was enamored by the size of Lincoln
I loved watching the sun set around the monument and how that change the feel of the whole area
It was great walking the monuments with Chris and talking through them with the kids. They were at a great age to soak it up.
Even more impressive from here.
Signs of a beautiful night.
And back to reality. I actually went to work for the day at Park Southern. The boys did some more exploring on the scooters and bike downtown.
COVID brought so many changes. This enclosure one of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment