Monday, April 12, 2021

Spring break leg 2

 Sunday night we recalibrated our trip a bit.  Wyland let us know that 5 of the folks he works every day with came down with  COVID—it’s even spreading around Wyland’s soccer teams.  As we had several more connections to make we figured it was best to limit exposures where we could.  

We found a cool hotel close by and hit my project site first.  This is proof my family really is up for anything.

Max and Mike toured the crew through the basement demo work (they were even pouring concrete that day) and up through the units in progress to include the finished ones.  While I know the kids take plenty of cues from Chris and I, I thought it was unique to see the generation in between being successful as well.

The amount of work these guys tackle never ceases to amaze me
That night we met Sherry and Mike for dinner at the Roost.  A DC hot spot with tons of food and drink options.  They are experts at finding DC hot spots!! So great to catch up on their lives for an evening.  Love that they both made the time;!

Look what these boys can do when motivated by golf!
Chris took them to Top Golf!  While not normally on the DC monument tour, this crew had a blast.  They picked me up at work and we headed for the final leg of our spring break trip. I gotta admit—I really love traveling with this family.  Snacks were packed, they all carry a bag-they are completely enamored by the plane, stewardess's and getting the back row all together.




No comments:

Post a Comment