On Saturday Chris and I headed to Portland ME to celebrate Charles's 80th birthday. What a wonder reason to get all the family together. All Charlies kids were there. Anne and her family came up to celebrate with her mom Emily who was actually born a few days apart from Charlie.
Tracy's husband Steve showed up in full uniform (he was on duty but wanted to say hi to everyone. I snapped a photo as the kids would love to see him all official. The boys were home playing in their first summer league game.

Here is the whole crew. Wyland flew in for the night, Kathryn was there with her husband Nathaniel, Annie & Kevin with their boys, Chris and I, Alice, Barbara, Emily & Charlie as part of the older generation. Charlie and Anita hosted with their 3 girls. Danville and Nikki were up with their whole family, Lindsey and her son Wyland, Tracey and Steve. Great showing.
Chris, Barbara and I stayed in Old Orchard beach that evening. I found a fun VRBO that we could walk to the beach and along the festivities. On the drive home, Barbara found out Liz's family all had some kind of fever bug. She opted to change her tickets and stay a bit longer with us. We were so lucky to get move than 24 hours with Barbara.
Here is an evening that we enjoyed a nail biter of a baseball game with Drew's team. Beautiful sunset.
Packed in a delicious ice cream stop with Barbara. We had already scheduled our mountain biking trip to the Catskills over the 4th of July. She was ready to just stay put. The dogs were happy to have company!
A dinner on the deck all together with the most wonderful chocolate chip cookies!
Nice blue nails Nick!




No comments:
Post a Comment