Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Drew goes to Silver lake and we are down to 2 Dudes

Drew was able to move his summer schedule around - he missed the coach Arch basketball to attend week 5 and be part of 'Y'all Mean All' week.  As we drove in we met his counselors and they looked so full of great energy.  
He was a little hesitant - however when one of the cool counselors came over to help grab his things - she said 'I bet you are excited to not have your mom telling you what to do all week'!  You must be speaking his language!!  
He stayed in a cabin with 3 other boys that were also scheduled for 'game on' that was cancelled.  I am glad they all had each other.
Meanwhile, this is what shopping with Shane looks like.  No, we didn't get that bag of rice - but he sure thought we should.
Nick stayed back for a pretty awesome Patriots opportunity with Ethan's family.  Here is a capture of the boys the night before.

I had to pick Drew up early from Camp (Friday night ILO Saturday morning as we were headed up to Lobster Lake)  I LOVED how chatty he was - he LOVED the week.  Took them up on early morning dip every day.  Happy to actually shower, slept on the floor, moved his mattress around, ate lots of camp food, bought sunglasses and just had a kid camp blast!  He was so full of all the best energy,  I wanted to bottle it and soak it all in!

No comments:

Post a Comment