
Its time to figure out our temporary living situation. Its a two story apartment that starts on the second floor. We were hoping it had some form of kitchenette, but initially it didn't. Yesterday we were thrilled to receive a microwave and mini fridge from MC Dean. (before that we were storing Milk and lunch meat outside - not a bad plan....but looked kind of ghetto)
The upstairs that has the 'master bed'. To the right is the bathroom that has the only sink, toilet and tub shower. (also has Caymen's bathroom) Needless to say by this photo, the pets are getting along and Nick is enjoying some german cartoons in the morning =)

Here is the spiral staircase I was telling everyone about. Pauli is scared to death about going down it... But when you gotta go, you gotta go. You can see Nick in his yellow jacket showing us his skills as he scales the staircase. Every evening Chris and I have a 'rock, paper, scissors' game to see who has to take Pauli for her final walk. I have lost twice in a row now.... maybe I need to re-evaluate the game! (or my stragegy)

This is the 1st floor of our apartment. Nick likes to look out the window and watch for 'da da' Pauli just wants to be in every picture. The bottom left is a space heater. Kicks out quite a bit of warmth!

So german really do love their spiral staircases! Here is the second one that we have learned to navigate. Nick has only had one fall and now he askes for help 80% of the time. Again, Pauli wanted to be in the picture.
This is our lunch table/train table. The couch is cayman's hiding spot (meaning behind it) We have two of the largest fake plants I have ever seen in my life. Since I am NOT a huge fake plant person, they drive me nuts - but this is temporary right?

This is one more shot before bed time. Nick didn't want to share the one Chocolate chip cookie with dad. I LOVE the comforter covers. Very german and one of the things I looked forward too. They are like mini duvets - super soft and fluffy. I wrapped one around nick's pack and play base so he could enjoy the same luxury.
In typical Sara fashion - our appartment is directly across from a construction site. Every morning when nick wakes up he asks if the 'hook is up' meaning the huge crane that they use to navigate the sight. Thankfully they can not start work until 7AM. But as soon as those Church bells ring (did I mention the bells - yes, I am certain there are 10 churches that ALL ring their bells every hour) but the 7AM ring is the loudest. no need for an alarm clock here! But as soon as it sounds, I hear the hammers start. I will be sure to grab a few photos or taht for my fellow construction lovers!
No comments:
Post a Comment