Sunday, July 18, 2010

Wine tasting along the Mosel

We arrived in Piesport around 9:20.  It was an hour extra when considering the German traffic.  No one slept during the entire 4 hour car ride!  Wine tasting commenced immediately =)  Chris gave it a shot at putting the boys to bed while my mom and I enjoyed a bottle downstairs at our Pension.  After a glass of wine and we could still hear Shane shouting, I opted to help out.
 
The next morning we headed along the Mosel in search of yummy wine.  The scenery was amazing and incredibly relaxing.
I was totally fascinated by this machine that washed, filled, capped and packed the bottles.  I was mezmorized.  It also reminded me of the beginning of Laverne and Sherly.........  I'm gonna do it my way..... your singing it now right?
Too much wine tasting for the boys.......
Starting to wonder if Nick needs glasses.  Check out those legs.  At least 3 bruises on each leg.
This photo is for Barbara - you can canoe to your wine tasting - the perfect day!

Ah, the scenery
Chris and I enjoyed a late night ride together.  Its 9PM in this photo.
The next day we hit Trier.  The oldest city in Germany and truly beautiful.  Here is the Porta Nigra, the oldest Roman gate.
Instead of hopping on the nearest sightseeing tour bus, we hopped on the sight seeing TRAIN.  Choo Choo.
The bath house....  I know I know, you want us to the posing right?
Next, onto the church, clearly two different sections constructed at two very different time periods.
Nick is playing Airplanes in the garden.



Chris has a famous Trier story - for those that have heard the story, just know that this time, we didn't have to throw away the stroller =)

Ice Cream to end the trip - YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment