Saturday, November 12, 2011

Savoring the Days

With the turn of the calendar, we are getting closer to leaving this beautiful area.  3 years ago, I never thought I would be the one draggin my feet....  but I am.  With the departure of our dearest friends in June, we figured it would be time to go - but somehow our network here kept growing abd the thought of leaving is becoming harder and harder.  we knew we would say goodbye eventually - and is it ever really time?  So I am trying harder to enjoy every day - Yes, we have a newborn, yes we have to pack up.  But here are some photos that will remind me to savor the days.
A beautiful Sunday evening walk along the farm trails

I love that the farm trails are filled with tons of families out walking - as well as horses - its Sunday for them too

Here is a moment I was to Savor - after nick's party, Chris and Barbara scooted out for an adult dinner.  Halfway through their dinner i texted them sayin I totally forgot tonight was the night I had to go to kindi to make Shane's lantern...  can they fill in after dinner.  They 'slowly' walked to the kindi and pulled on the door hoping it was locked - but nope!!  The parents were still there working diligently at these Igels'  Chris and Barbara sat down and with the help of the other parents, came home with a very professional looking Igel lantern for Shane!
And on Tuesday - our Chimney sweeper came - and yes, he looks like a chimney sweeper should.  He also made an appointment like all german's do, but leaving a sticker on your door saying what time he will be by - whatever works for him right?!
I hope these memories and the feeling of this town stays etched in my heart and the hearts of my family forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment