
Dinners (and often times breakfasts) on the deck

A much more pleasing parent to child ratio...


Even I get to be a kid again,

One of the wonderful things was being able to pick a boy or 2 for a special event. The Farmington mini golf is some where I have truly loved and remember just a few date nights there in high school. Time to take the boys!

The perfect 4 some.

I must admit, I was shocked at how well the boys did, especially Shane who had a hole in one (and by special foot placement helped me achieve a hole in one too!). However nick had the true icing on the cake when he shocked us all by winning a hole in one on the 19th hole!! Bells went off, he celebrated and also earned a free trip back! Poor Shane was crushed that his ball didn't drop in the hole and I tried to explain that I have played for years and NEVER got a hole in one..., guess we need to go back!

Another thing about my folks is enjoying time with my friends. 2 of my best high school friends Alison and Mary live in the area and I am thankful that they carve out some time for us. And a recent addition to the area is Diane's family! They just moved into a home in Mansfield CT as Wayne will be the Air Force PMS for UCONN which is where he received his commission into the Air Force just s few years ago. So with only 1 hour separating us we enjoyed a few family date days.

Always a sweet treat,

Blake shared

My folks had some fun camps and activities planned too. Nick enjoyed a golf clinic for 3 nights at simsbury farms. i loved watching him confidently roll up not knowing anyone yet confident in his skills. His summer buddy Charlie surprised him at the clinic but I loved that it was nick that remembered him!!

Shane got to head off to a little camp morning twice called 'do you see what I see' at the nature center that my mom volunteers at. He happily went to his own little activity (I was a bit nervous since he really loves having nick around) but he enjoyed learning and even instructed us the bathroom whereabouts when we got there to pick him up. This is a photo of nick (not Shane) leading me through the hiking trails. I meant to snag a photo of Shane on Friday but it was a torrential downpour (and without our packing for the Maine trip that was in the mini van) Shane's rain gear consisted of an umbrella and crocs, thankfully my moms connections and a lost and found yielded him a pink and navy blue slicker that kept him a bit better dry. They were exploring the stream that day and surely the rain aided the adventure!

No camps for little drew, but with all the packing, boxes, trips and planes, we forgot drews favorite sleeping blankets. It was Chris's first mission on his return from IL to VA. This is one happy Drew holding his blankets ready to sleep good tonight;)

This is what summer should be like;)
No comments:
Post a Comment