Saturday, August 22, 2015

Saturday - Split it up

Saturday - our last full day as a blended family.  Ah man!  For some reason we kept this rhythm up!  Something about having 2 moms around that makes it all possible.

As I am writing day 12, I am kind of wondering why the heck I opted to record each and every day separate.  In one of the many deep conversations I got to have with Farrah was why the heck to we keep this blog?  WE spend time getting photos, putting them together, bringing them to life - so that our lives can live on in a different form.  Maybe we can touch others lives, maybe when we are gone, our children can see our lives differently - its a history of us.  And with Farrah here - I just feel as it that history is more alive and worthy of more notes.  

So on we go - Chris and I headed on a quick bike ride.  I remembered to stop as this house reminded Farrah of the house she grew up in - just a few years ago as she was originally from Massachusetts.  Side door and all.  Its a beautiful classic home along 44 here  - love that it brought back memories for her!  Now I will think of her gazing out the window at it each time I drive by.
We had a brief stint at a yard sale where we grabbed a bike, 2 sets of skis and a bunch of games - side bar.  DEAL!  
I barely made it back in time to hand off Macy, Nick and Drew to Chris for his tee time (he was cursing letting me go by the tag sale...for my ability to be SO easily distracted!!  Working on this)

Now lets divide up
  2 kids to BMX bike racing
3 kids Golfing!
loved how the kids paired up here.  It was cool for Chris to get the dynamic with Macy, Nick and Drew
Chris loaded with tons of snacks said the kids did great.  Nick's attention span last the longest, but that was to be expected.
Still posing for photos!!
While in a track far far away - our boys started to feel their tires - They were tentative at first (THANKFULLY) and than started to really enjoy the jumps and bumps.
Next up - all the Lobster fest signs in our neighborhood made this lobster roll a necessity.  It was paired with Lobster bisque - could we resist?  Nope - diet and sensible eating will resume when we are separated!
Serious Yum!
next up  - the peach festival.  Can you tell Farrah and I didn't pack nearly as many snacks as Chris did.
Shane got to feel like the big man on campus with Tate and having a soda!!
Peach shortcake - yes please!
AS if we needed one more event in the day - we ended the night with a babysitter and the WILLY NELSON concert.  (yes 5 kiddos, 2 babysitters actually - I mean, we aren't totally crazy!)
WE hit plan B for dinner and sat outside the concert on the media just enjoying each other, the beautiful night and yes, a little Willy Nelson




No comments:

Post a Comment