Sunday morning May 1 and we are signed up for the First Collinsville 10 K -
These are my weekley running buddies and i must say i love them. I love how a relationship can be formed and nurtured through running - one common interests wether for health, exercise, mental or physical - we get together and run and that is therapy.
This guy - no matter how he trains - rocks the run and this morning we were thrilled to have him join us
The run was just one way - which was really nice. it was a dreary morning (and rather chilly as we all were bused to the start point and needed to wait until race started) As we ran, I could NOT resist snapping this shot (while running) Love the traffic blocker!
The race was great, my buddies went on ahead as they are training for a 1/2 marathon and are stronger runners right now. I had Jon Bon Jovi and no head phones, so I had a few fellow runners that got to hear my music too - I was thrilled to meet that 'finish strong' partner - you know the one that you have kept pace with for a few miles, you pass, he passes you, you pass him and at the end you race each other stride for stride across the finish. Yes, I love finding folks like that.
We indulged in a HUGE breakfast and on still on our runners high - we took these 3 to Petals and Paws to buy 7 baby chicks!
Everyone including my folks got to pick one.
Nick was sweetly excited and honestly a bit concerned for the welfare of the other chicks.
He also struggle to name his - she was named, Josey, Taylor and a few others - but I think we have no settled on Violet
Shane's is Coachie
Drew was the first to name his Roxy - All in black!
A few others, Maggie, Muffet, Gertie and Buffy - All in the cooler downstairs with a heat lamp on.
Truly another Leadbetter adventure!
So far its just food, water and heat. Hanging out in the basement.






No comments:
Post a Comment