Friday, February 3, 2017

Super Bowl weekend - the tradition continues

Year #7 - Surely a tradition!  We drove to VA in record time, not stopping once and the only traffic we saw was just a bit on 84 in CT - best trek yet - so meant to be - we arrived at their door 5 minutes after Farrah finish the breakfast casserole prep=)  
With all Farrah's traveling to be with her mother - followed by Brians promotion to Colonel that Wednesday where Brian's family was all in town - I will be forever amazed that they all WANTED to host us.  We were honored!

Love seeing these guys cuddled up and matching.
Saturday morning Farrah coordinated to have Nick and Shane play basketball with their clinic.  Love that I snapped a quick photo as we sat on the side lines - we did EXACTLY this 5 years ago in CA with baby Drew on the side line.  Well baby Drew is sitting next to me playing a game (forgot to snap a photo of that)
The boys joined us and now Farrah and I went to Ikea - now if that doesn't say what an amazing friend SHE is I don't know what will.  We bought an office piece of furniture for Chris and some shelves for Shane.  It was a fairly quick trip, but it was still Ikea.  Next to link up with Megan as we found a place pretty close to 1/2 between Woodbridge and Richmond so Drew and Nolan could play a bit  This bounce house was pretty awesome!


Completely wore them out - 
while we got to actually chat
Looks like I have red lips in this photo right??  What I most certainly had was SOCKS!  Ha, I bought them on the owners requirement - I have to admit - as silly as it sounds, it was a God thing - Bought the socks, he was happy with my compliance, offered me a free jump pass as I was leaving yet since I didn't live here, I passed it along to another sweet patron - just a simple way to make the world a better place, one pair of socks and jump pass at a time.

Thats what happens when I surround myself with great ladies like this.  Honestly.
Since the guys were still prepping dinner - we opted to eat pie first!  A cool twist on a new game =)!
Score!
Yum!
Sunday morning we headed to Church in our Jersey's - One more reason to love their Church!  8 folks deep in Patriots gear was going to get a comment or 2 - Drew was wearing his Peyton Manning Jersey circa Tate 2010!
Of course we need to pop into a winery - the place was perfect, such a cool vibe inside (although we insisted in picnicking outside)
Plenty of room for the kiddos to run - and roll
We came home to a little nap and prep time.
Our team
Cannot thank you enough for being the kind of friend that wants us all in your house.  Thankful to be here with you
Sadly I didn't take another photo as the Wisneski's and the Roberts came too - we loved being with them and catching up - until they started cheering for the Falcons....  Than we had to ask them to leave.
To which ensued the breaking of the crockpot - Ha - just kidding, it was a kiddo and cord mishap - the loss of the dip was more depressing than the loss of the crockpot.  However our waistlines were thankful.
Than we get into the final quarter of the game - and it was a sight to see!
Apparently we were exhausted by the time the excitement was over - Kinda love photos like this.  Not only to the boys expect this, but they capture it - time and time again.
Brisk Monday mooning as we packed up to head back home.  Tate and Macy went into school late so they could enjoy just a little more friend time.  
I will never forget pulling away that morning - Farrah hosted a beautiful friend filled weekend and now we were headed out and Brian was prepping to leave that evening for training in Florida.  I hated knowing Farrah would be alone for a few days til her trek north for her mother's memorial.  She is one very strong woman.




No comments:

Post a Comment