We got Pauli in July of 2003, just after we were married. I had never had a boxer and Chris had only had boxers. She was the more ADORABLE puppy and the sweetest face. Chris let shortly after we got her, so he missed her puppy stage, but I will always remember it. Puppy training with Lisa, how she squeaked by the final test laying on her back. She was willing to go or do anything.
She has been by our side on every adventure through countless drives flights and back yards. She stood by me while we raised 3 boys
Today we gave her peace as her struggles were too great. She would fall in the night and not be able to get up, the heat was too much for her. Our vet assured us this was such a gift we could give her. She panted exhaustingly as we went in to the office and in a matter of minutes she was at peace.
It's impossible to leave the office so instead I sit hear writing and crying over the photos and memories.
Thankful our lives can be so enriched by a dog as wonderful as Pauli Girl.
One of her 2 trans atlantic trips.
Traveling with us to Austria
Sometimes she even got the front seat (she was a better navigator than I!)
Never really complained about her seat as long as she got one.
A dog and her boy
I will always remember the video of Nick toddling from the food container and dropping a nugget in her food bowl. From that moment on pauli was SOLD on this baby thing!
She lived in Texas, Germany, Virginia and finally CT, her favorite yard yet. I can tell.
There are many times when our house is just too quiet. I miss her coming around the corner just to see what I am up to. The way she looked at all of us. Such a good dog, we love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment