Saturday, January 20, 2018

Pet Sitting

We miss Pauli dearly - not the hard parts - poop pick up - clean up, gosh there weren't THAT many hard parts.  I love having an animal in the house - that unconditional love - their mysterious ways, their desire to have your attention.  When my folks where planning their month in Florida I requested instead of me making trips to their home to care for Mazie, I asked if she could come live with us.  

Lets be honest - my folks are high maintanece folks to pet/house sit for.  They are VERY involved with their pets and house and want you to be involved too - Why not be able to face time with her here at our house.  The first 48 hours Maize spent with us, 44 of them were spent sleeping on CHRIS's side of the bed - 
#hysterical
My folks didn't believe Maize would lower her standards to drink out of the toilet.
Caught in the act.
She was loved on by all of us.  Almost tolerated this photo
Curled in for this photo
She even made for a great reading partner
And than there was Nora.  Nora is our friends the Izzo's dog who needed someone to watch her for a few days in January.  She was such a sweet dog that I couldn't say no - I knew she would be just fine with Maize.  But not fine enough to clear it with my folks first =)!  

Moments like these were an absolute treasure.  Just Drew and a dog.  She would fetch the ball until he stops throwing it.
She is even ready for round 2 when Shane wants to head outside.
She was the PERFECT house guest.  So good to my boys and happy to see me every time I walked through the door.  
Just an sweet kind face.  When Nora looks at you she says, how can I help you and love you more?
Meanwhile, Nora did LOVE cat food.  So for a few days, the cat litter pan stayed in our bathtub and the cat food was on the master bath tub shelf.  Maize was in cat heaven.  She didn't have to go far at all.  Chris - not so much.  
But it was so worth it for snuggles like these.




No comments:

Post a Comment