Always fun to get packages - especially when its your christmas presents from Texas.
Liz promised the boys (NOT ME) that she would ship the back to us, really no rush PLEASE. Well they all arrived in no hard done. With the Salsa we grabbed too! That was meant for THEM to enjoy! Either way, I know tay is not easy putting those huge packages together, but you guys sure made the boys day. Barbara I know you were the one behind this and thank you for your time.
Another package of juicy oranges from Florida!! We miss those rosy Carlson faces, the oranges are delicious, even if I did have to go to the Simsbury Post office to get them =)!
As I look at these photos (since I don't blog as frequently as I would like to) I am reminded of all that was really going on during this time and want to be able to record it.
Shortly after we left San Antonio Wyland got very sick and went to the hospital in San Antonio. He had several terrifying nose bleeds that just wouldn't stop. His overall health caused great alarm for Barbara and the rest of us.
I believe God work in ways we may never appreciate until we are in them. With Wyland's lung condition we had urged them to leave Northern Virginia and move close with either us in CT or Liz in Texas. As interdepenace (a word a good friend recently used in a different situation pertaining to a different family yet I thought it was fitting for us) is truly valuable an an art we have lost in these generations. We know moving is hard - wether you are a young family of 5, a person of 1 or a family of 2 who is done moving. So that is a hard decision for them. So in many ways, God had a hand in the timing of that decision. Barbara and Wyland have yet to return home as I write this blog in April.
Liz is thankful to have them close and be able to help. Being recently divorced and now a single successfully working mom - having her mom as support and living an inter dependent life really works right now. Liz has moved upstairs to the guest room (after 2 nights on the bed she bought a new frame and mattress to which Chris and I said AMEN after having slept there over the holidays).
Thankfully as I write this Wyland's health has stabilized yet not gone back to the level of health he was at prior to Christmas. He is constantly on an oxygen machine and does not possess the desire to do much more than go for walks or watch TV. Liz's boyfriend Robert is a wonderful help to Wyland, Liz and the family and truly a blessing in her life. Its amazing looking at things today seeing and appreciating how very different they are from 1 year ago. How nothing could have been prepped in anyway, yet how they are all making the best of being together and seeing the bright pieces.
No comments:
Post a Comment