Friday, April 5, 2019

Shane's Ellis Island

Canton Intermediate school does a beautiful segment on immigration.  During this time Shane was assigned to be a wealthy business man who was headed to the USA looking for opportunity.  I love the big yet basic props the school uses again and again.  Chris and I were not able to volunteer this year - however I felt blessed by all the folks who sent photos along of the wealthy business man.  Guess he has quite the paparazzi!
Here he is on the ship with his wife clearly posing a bit =)
Love catching this group of boys together and wonder what they are chatting about.  Clearly their business plans once they land in NYC
HEre they are getting their legal inspection.  I do have to make a quick note - while Shane isn't wild about wearing nice clothes, he did tell me that his pants were wildly comfortable!!  No kidding buddy!!  
Success
Looks like they made it!  Citizenship here you too come.  Lila is a pretty great girl too.  Good choice Shane
One more shot of the very impressed passengers
They tested him on some aspects of the USA along the way.  Thanks Amy Yankee for being a part too!

quick capture of Austin as he is getting medically screened.
Let that smile rip Shane!  Its too good to hold back
Just a quick note - this is how he looked when he left the house.  Resisting the photo but finally letting me capture the moment.  Notice that he has a tie on.  Pretty sure I didn't see a tie in any of the other photos.  At least the jacket stayed on.
I hope this German born baby got a school sized appreciation of the different people this country is truly made up of.  Thanks to all my photographer elves in Canton!

No comments:

Post a Comment