Sometimes I record things to remind myself I actually got to do them. This is a conference called CLAHO (Council of Large Affordable Housing Owners) different aspects of several companies meet to discuss best practices. I represented Vesta from the construction side. The other companies present were MUCH larger, therefore as a whole it was a HUGE eye opener for me.
Conference aside, I left CHILLY CT to balmy Minnesota and had enough time to explore before the conference started. When I typically travel, its too our affordable housing locations - NOT THIS TIME.
The city itself was really beautiful and very walk about. Had a hip vibe to it
Many artsy aspects -
The view from where I spent 5 minutes to just sit. Imagine this place 5 month earlier. Bet there would be a lot more white
Cool aspect - RIGHT in front of my hotel - 25+ food trucks pull up every day and folks pour out of the offices for lunch - genius!
Kinda proud I can dress accordingly and feel confident about where I am headed.
Now here is the MASSIVE project. I won't bore you with the countless photos I took as I couldn't stop being amazed by the scope and stature of the project. Valued at 170M - they rehabbed an old flour mill that used the Mississippi for electrical power. Redesigning the electrical power portion and turning the building into artist loft accommodations - complete with performance rooms and other artist areas.
It also got my wheels turning about the Axe factory in Collinsville. (came back to find out that had crossed over the Vesta tables many times)
All the detail - to include a pretty cool parking structure.
Because someday I wouldn't mind visiting it all again










No comments:
Post a Comment