Saturday, August 1, 2020

A wedding COVID style with Diane

Diane choreographed the wedding dance for one of her fellow teachers.  That means she is a celebrity at this wedding in CT and I get to be her plus 1 - we had the night before together and this bonus time.  While so much is a little different with COVID - this sure counts.  They held it at the Aqua Turf and this was their first function since March 13!
The event was outside but it was striking to walk through and see everything so well set up.
We loved catching glimpses of the bride and groom.
I wish you could see the joy on this young couple face.  That is how I categorized the whole evening.  They families were full of joy, friends, staff, everyone there.  It was truly beautiful to be a part of.  
Diane asked me to film the dance so she could take it all in.  I was honored.  However no one prepped me for the fact that they were actually singing the song too.  It was "All I ask of you" from Phantom of the Opera.  I was overwhelmed by their talent!!  Diane's dance mirrored the song and THEM so perfectly.
Thank you friend for inviting me to this magical night.  So thankful and felt so renewed to be part of it.
As I head home on an emotional high from dancing and singing and being around such energy, I called Chris to see how the packing was going.  He said he was struggling with putting the kayaks on the car.  Mostly because I had the car!!  OOOOPS!  Headed home ASAP!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment