Wednesday, June 9, 2021

It is time...... To cut Drew's hair



Who knew when Drew was young and resisting hair cuts that it would get THIS long.  No doubt he has GREAT hair!  It just kept growing and growing and growing.
  
He grew out the bangs, 
He reluctantly wore head bands during sports to keep the hair out of his face.  
He grew it to fit in a pony tail and be easier on sports.
It just kept growing.

But than it got to be a pain to brush
more of a pain to brush than to cut.  
So we decided to donate it. and cut it right before school ends so his classmates could be surprised.  
First one capture of us twinning for the last time.  Pretty much the same length.  So similar
Not that it was the intention to have the same hair - it just kinda happened - and sure I didn't mind it at all.  No body else has much the same of anything I have really.
I made an appointment with my favorite lady in New Hartford for the night before school lets out.  Of course now we are straddling baseball games and headed right to Shane's game - but this is an appointment we are keeping  
Final photos from us
I cannot believe how long it really was!  Erika was shocked too - I kept explaining it, but you gotta see it to believe it.
She made little 10" long pony tails to collect for the donations and made an effort to keep it kinda long.  
We stopped here for a second, but decided to keep going.  Drew was pumped for the clippers.
Yup - its really happening - clippers and all.
Seriously he looks like a different kid
Perfectly orchestrated for summer enjoyment!  That smile.  I pray the sweet child that receives his donated hair has a smile that bright!
Love the missing tooth too.  That is the icing on the cake
Sure it was bitter sweet for me - that day he kinda looked a bit like every boy.  More grown up, more boy.  The smile on his face was worth it for sure.  He loved strutting the baseball field at Shane game shocking folks left and right.  Live it up buddy!

Donation paperwork in the works

 

No comments:

Post a Comment