Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Nick, Shane, and Chris

Just a few quick photos and a note on my man Chris.
Nick enjoyed the Mercedes museamm. Who knows what he will think when we finally take him to the Porsche museam. This car sure goes FAST!Here's Shane bouncing along in a beautiful handmade sweater (with baseball buttons!) We are so fortunate to have such talented family members!

Just a fun video of Shane eating. Carrots stain - yikes!


I also wanted to put a little note about Chris. I know several of you have called and wondered what the heck is wrong with him but the bottom line is we still do not know. On Tuesday (February 16) he started to complain of a shoulder issue. Chris never complains of pain - so I thought it was odd. On Wednesday it was MUCH worse, so we were able to get a space avaiable appointment with the Military doctor. He saw a great lady who seems to specialize in shoulder injuries. She thought it was an inflamed rotator cuff and perscribed some medicine and told him to wait it out. Over the weekend it got MUCH worse. He has taken more hot showers than I ever thought possible (or that we have enough hot water for!)

Monday he went back on post hoping to visit with the same Doctor. She was unaviable but perscribed different medicine (nothing for the pain yet) and said it might take a week.

Today he came home from work at 10:30. He couldn't concerntrate due to the pain. I started to call some german ortho specialists and managed to get an appointment for today at 4:15. The doctor was great and acted with a sense of urgency. He believes Chris tore his rotator cuff (we have no idea how) and its like a sock with a hole - the sooner you take care of it, the better. He has an MRI schedule for tomorrow at 12:30 and will follow up with the Specialist immediately afterwards.

The specialist perscribed pain medicine - seemed to skip a step in telling us the dosage. needless to say, I would have swallowed the entire bottle - but Chris meassured out a small amount and proceeded to toss his cookies a few hours later. Here's hoping some of it soaked in!

We will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment