Monday, November 8, 2010

Enjoy the clean up

There are so many traits that I pick up from the wonderful friends in my life. Tonight I experienced one of my favorites. I picked this up from my most treasured buddies - Chelcy. The pleasure of a good clean up.

The sink is filled with hot soapy water and dirty dishes. You are making trips from one room to the kitchen where something is either thrown out, prepped for washing, or put away. You are disassembling toys (finding them in odd places) and putting them back in their home, fluffing cushions back in order, stuffing trash bags to go outside.

With each piece, with each dish you revile in the preparation – gosh, that dish was a winner – or never making that again….. With each grab of a toy, you wonder how it found its current location and are reminded of the enjoyment that occurred that night.


The final wipe of the counter & table give you complete feeling of accomplishment – folks were here, they had a great time and now we will all go back to the M-F work week and enjoy every bit of the routine. But this bit of excitement was worth every second of prep and clean-up.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this, and agree. In our case, a mess in the morning meant there was fun the night before. Very insightful ;) Props to Chelcy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - Looks like I need to start taking after you with all these great reflective blog posts! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete