And so its begun, the inevitable departure of our family here in Europe. This morning we heard the Wisneski’s are headed to Florida, the Roberts will split – Rick will deploy while Amy and the kids head home to Michigan, the BonDurants to Arizona. Ashley and Farrah still anticipate leaving this summer but have yet to solidity their new home location. Nothing replaces friends – our hearts only gets bigger as we try to fill the void they will leave. I know its months away, but now our chatter will be filled with timelines, packing, new homes, cancelling services here etc… So different – but a fact of life here.
Something I wanted to remember. On Saturday night in Austria when the Leadbetters were sequestered in our room, Farrah knocked on the door saying they were headed for a walk. From under my muffled pillow – I said, ‘o.k., have fun’. She told me the next day that she as she stood outside my door, she felt like Tate when Nick says we can’t come over…. So sad…
I have a feeling these next few months will be times filled with treasuring every moment. We plan to jump at every chance that our buddies want to travel in hopes of making memories that will make saying goodbye a little less painful. But we are truly lucky!
And Yes, with every family departure here. I know my best buddy Chelcy believes that is one more dollar saved in the coming home direction. We hope it will only be that easy to fall right back into the welcoming arms of wonderful friends. We just wonder when....
No comments:
Post a Comment