Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year's Rocking Eve

Why spend hundreds of $$ (or Euro here...) on a night out when you can have a festive night in! We filled our home with some of our most treasured friends and rang in the new year together. Everyone brought a yummy Mexican themed dish to share and some even brought their PJs. Kids were flexible and loved every second of a unique evening together. Our house was filled with 17 adults and countless little munchkins.




Just some things I wanted to remember as someday this will be my scrap book..... (hopefully pictures will come since I didn't see any on my camera the next day and recapping through photos is my favorite way to remember the night!)



Kids don't like that fake champagne - at least not any of ours who are quite used to drinking bubbly water. We kept the rest for our two pregnant ladies



Adults like champagne



Diane always follows the rules (she was the 1st one to put 3 resolutions in the mug)



Cribs are easily moved from a bedroom to the office =)



Kids really don't mind how big the dvd screen is. Nick, Tate, Eve and Anna enjoyed a late night movie in

Nick's bed while they waited for the fireworks (we figured it was pointless to put them to bed, knowing the mini explosions would wake them back up (and they would be rested, yikes!)



8 ladies sitting around the table managed to build the perfect woman with all our parts and pieces! Inside and out. Does anyone want the list of who gave what??



Sometimes couples really are craving a game night - two rounds of taboo took us right up to midnight - sad to say, the boys won both rounds!



Chris put together 2 rounds of name that tune so I could FINALLY play. I tied Sean for one round and he toasted me on the second round - but I loved every second of being able to participate.



Its ‘gotta let go’ not ‘Galileo’…. Thanks Todd. I will never forget that!



People magazine doesn't have the most 'accurate' top ten list... at least not according to my buddies



back yard fireworks are a true tradition for German’s on new year’s.



yes, you can still make it til 4:30 - but someone has to call it quits and go to bed since kids will be up!



Thank you all for spending the evening with us - we are truly blessed to have you all in our lives. I hope that ringing in the New Year with such wonderful friends keeps us feeling the love all year round. Hugs and happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment