Thursday, January 5, 2012

The celebrities in Chaminox

Wednesday morning was a bit rainy, although it was snowing on the mountain we opted to take a break and hit the city of Chaminox. Probably the ritziest ski area I have ever seen. I figured everyone we saw was a celebrity, just covered in high end ski gear.

A well painted house.


The mountains were beautiful from any angle.


Outdoor dining


Indoor dining with fireman drew


Hey fireman drew!


It's not possible to get too many mountain photos.


We may have a winner;)


It's so beautiful looking at the mountains they made statues doing just that.


Another winner


Can anyone find the celebrity in this shot?


How bout this one?


3 celebrities in this photo


Celebrity or tourist.


Hmmmmm...






Love the church photo


Chasing pigeons











Check out the gondolas in this photo, want to ride?


Something about our quick trip to Chaminox made me so thankful I have such a traveling family. My folks love to wander the streets, the boys are happy to ride on shoulders, eat at restaurants and just soak in the sights. They all took naps along the 45 minute drive home.---success.

Now onto dinner, I'm not one to take photos of food, but this salad was just awesome, smoked salmon on top seafood salad.


Lemon dressing


This restaurant had awesome ambiance. We walked in to a packed room (thankful for reservations) and one skinny waiter was running the show, (to include the cd that was constantly skipping). His first question was a speedy 'rose or blanco'. Rose!! Thankfully he meant wine!

Dinner was fabulous-Chris ordered a cappuccino (which I alway heard was an insult after an amazing meal-you are supposed to order expresso). But anyway, I call this a friendlys sundae;)


Puddin pants!


The only munchkin we ate with thanks to eleanor-one of the strongest ladies there might be a blog about this later (if I get more than 5 minutes of focus time)


A beautiful end to a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment