Tuesday, January 21, 2014

An express tooth fairy visit

The days that mothers don't dream of but know they will happen.....

I am sitting in the salon chair loving my moments of well earned separation... Than the loud speaker clicks in. I'm certain every mom thinks it's her. But with 3 in there I'm certain it's me and even though I am decked out in Salon gear I am prepped for a diaper change... But I get back to the kids club and it's my sweet first born with a bloody face. All the staff is looking at me for what to do next... Oh-some ice I think. And let's breathe.

Nick is doing awesome-not crying but scared and bleeding. Shane is checking in and drew is still wondering having no real idea of the possible magnitude. He tripped on a basketball. Nothing wrong with playing. Let's go back with momma and see what our options are.


Ok-call Chris-call the docs-have him sit with me and wash the chemicals out. Thankfully it was the end of the day and daddy could lend a hand. He rushed nick to out wonderful dentist!

We heart Little smiles in Brambleton! They are exactly what I feel so fortunate to have in a skilled neighborhood dentist. Compassion too.

Chris walked through their doors after calling them. All staff members and doctors welcomed nick and got him started.


Salon appointment going wrong...for many reasons


Nick-snuggled in his sleeping bag in our room-2 teeth pulled-swollen lip and wanting proximity to mom and dad. Express that tooth fairy please!!


Day 2 - BIG lip-slow nick-happily couch sat during my mops meeting and enjoyed his time home from school realizing for the first time that things we do while he is in school is kinda boring.... But good for his relaxation.


Day 3-big lip but better


But a basketball court? Really? It was his first game and we gave him the option. And he wanted to play-cutest memory of the day--before we leave for practice I hear nick saying 'Lucas, Lucas' when I asked him what he was doing he told me he was practicing saying Lucas's name correctly with a swollen lip and 2 missing teeth. Now that is awesome


He was so nervous folks would make fun of him. Of course when we walked in Lucas ran up to nick. Nick told him he lost his teeth. What did Lucas day??
'Cool'!
Kids can be so cool.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment