Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Alternative parental ideas-taking tips

Drew is stubborn-so am I. after countless snow days and family togetherness we can come to blows. So when life shifts back and we all get some much needed separation I can get more creative. So u don't want today dinner with us? How bout by yourself in the bathroom? Lights off. Sounds good. He ate one bite (I had to watch him finish it). Because bite #2 didn't make it down (see floor below)


Yup-if u spit out ur food u have to clean it up. He knows what I am asking of him-he just often doesn't want to cooperate-noted.

Tam my brother in-law just posted this on FB.  Great reminder that we as parents need to ask them to do this stuff (Makes me wonder if I should get them to do the stuff that I never do--) But I find myself catering to them too often because its easier - but the times its stressful becuase I am doing it all - it is because I am doing it all!!  My own doing.




- Thank you Loudoun schools for holding school Monday and Tuesday thus far. It was cold this morning as we ran out for the bus (6 degrees). I know you wanted to cancel school like the Midwest-and southern areas--but u realized you already did that last week....it gets old right.

Spoke too soon, it was a 2 hour delay this morning...  for this...


Once the kids were farmed out to their places I squeezed in 45 minuntes formyself to run - yes it was 14 degrees out and yes it felt awesome.  Once my lunges stopped wondering if they were really going to have to perform I managed to get in a good stride, fall into the music and look forward to the adventure ahead that this year holds for us.  Maybe stacking the dishes for Drew.





Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment