Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Brace yourselves....

Yup - those are the famous words of the winter here in NoVa.  After some wonderful days away, its time for reality.  Not normal life reality (really) but the excitement of another storm which we all know means a string of school closings just for the anticipation.



I came across this article on FB the other day - I hardly have time to read FB posts let alone articles, but this one begged me as if I wrote if myself.



http://mopsofkennettsquare.wordpress.com/2014/02/06/the-winter-that-nearly-killed-all-the-moms/



So I mentioned the anticipation of an upcoming trip and how that impending euphoria gets you through so many tough moments.  The anticipation of locked up kids tends to do quite the opposite - makes for a short rope.  In my moments of free time I am scrambling to plan simple dinners, crafts, and search out activities that everyone can participate in.  Running in basketball courts, outdoor obstacle courses, indoor soccer fields....Lets remember that Monday is presidents day (an sacred holiday that surely cannot be missed to make up the countless days away from school) as well as a full house this weekend as we are excited to reciprocate with our favorite buddies for their time with our munchkins last weekend.  Kids kids kids!



So after voicing this I will return to TRY HARD to enjoy these moments with one kid at a time and not let the crazy get a hold of me.



Here is sweet Shane - the one I wish i had more time with.  Putting together his Valentines for the 16 kids in his class.  He wove every mini pencil through the valentine and decorated his box (I couldn't buy the red and pink box... I tried....  but I just couldn't do it...)  Drew was sleeping and it was just the 2 of us.  he gave me commentary along the way, never threading the pencil the easy way, but never getting frustrated or complaining.  randomly during his commentary, he would stop and say - 'i love you momma'  Of course I thought for no reason at all - but wait, there was a reason.  I was sitting there with JUST him and doing nothing else but looking and helping him.  He never gets that and it was his little way of saying.. 'I love THIS'.  This moment right here!




Can I also mentioned I had a wonderful morning at Costco with JUST Drew.  He was a gem helping with groceries and making the other folks shopping smile.  We were able to purchase all the food needed to survive the next few days without any frustration.  It was a great day.  Seriously!!  He has also figured out how to open and close the mini van door.  I am trying to incorporate that into a good thing.  Its coming.



Now to remember this and hope fore beautiful outside sledding snow.



fingers crossed folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment