Knowing this crazy snow storm was coming, my previous 'penciled' in date with Sherry in downtown DC became the greatest getway idea of the year. Thank you sherry for being ever patient in my wildly changing schedules based of the needs of those other than me. Chris and I toyed with going to DC as a family for the day - but than opted out and sent me solo - wonderful and wildy capable husnabdn.
I arrived at Sherry's at 5, we hopped an 'Uber car' and headed to the Adams Morgan area to watch the Michigan Basketball game (we won against Minnesota) in an Alumni bar with other Michigan alums... So very fabulous.
It was cool just sitting at a table to fun Michigan folks that we had never met before - but because of this crazy common bond we could chat about south U, Chrystler, Fab 5, football and life on campus. So easy and fun. Meanwhile, I was the only one at the table with kids - 3 others worked on the 'hill' (I had to ask them to be more specific). One of the girls Sherry met while standing in line at the dulles airport hearing her flight to MI for Christmas was cancelled. Sherry called her parents telling them she would just drive, this lady over heard the conversation and asked if she could join her. How cool is that? Something about that just screams Midwest, Michigan, great people and another reason why I would pack our house today and move to the midwest, anything, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin - Please take us!....
Alright, back to the super cool bar and beer tasting...
So that my friends was my birthday - we went to a few other spots, ordered nachos (TWICE) and took an 'Uber car' home. Spent the night at Sherry's getting up lazily and headed home.
This is my actual BIRTHDAY. Yup, no matter what, on your birthday - you just feel special. Yes, it was Tuesday and snow day #2. But I love snow and this kind - so its mother nature's treat. Plus, last night my wonderful husband ran through a body flow workout with me by our fireplace so I felt super awesome.
Its also SUPER cold. This was how the boys wanted to get to the gym. Why not right? We have all day, lets make it fun.
everyone had a run bike
I opted to let them wear hats ILO helmets just this once...
I am certain everyone that drove by us wondered where our car was - but honestly the kids loved it. There were so many kids at the gym kids club they opted to have them play in the basketball courts (which is WONDERFUL considering my dudes LOVE to glue themselves to the movie that is normally on...) i didn't have tons of motivation but noticed a favorite teacher of mine was knocking out body step - need a better resason to join up? Nope - it was a great class and way better than the crappy cardio I had inteneded....
Alright - home for lunch and naps -
Next up, another afternoon of sledding - BTW - remind me - we NEED sleds next year. Ours are CRAP! We are always borrowing, asking etc... These boys need sleds.
Here is the 3 man bobsled - (not our sled...)
Here is my birthday dinner with all my boys - to include the most important one taking the photo! My cake was AWESOME. And memorable when Nick asked me what kind of cake I backed for myself... hmm... none... Its a girl scout cookie cake!!
I even got to stay up late as our trusty Loudoun county issued a 2 hour delay for Wednesday morning - I tell you - we just watch it melt around here.... I do love snow - but really??
o.k - happy birthday to me! Thanks for all the FB love too - I enjoyed thinking of each one of you as the messages came through. Always a special day and thanks for the great family and friends that made it feel that way.






No comments:
Post a Comment