So how to families of more than one get through choke points....
My kids are awesome.
ONE AT A TIME.
Put them together and its CHAOS.
So what's a choke point? when we are ALL trying to get some where or accomplish something at the SAME time. I should just avoid them - as most days its not worth trying...
So here is an every day scenario.... lets go outside and play. Seems easy enough.
Everyone put on your shoes and jacket - once that is done, I will help you open the garage door and get your toys out.
Nick - I cannot put on my jacket (because last time he took OFF his jacket he opted to pull the sleeves thought making it IMPOSSIBLE to put back on without re-threading the sleeves. We have this discussion EVERY TIME)
Shane - you would think by the law of averages 50% of the time he would get his shoes on the right feet - WRONG. Not even close to figuring out the jacket zipper. Tries every time though - gotta give him credit...
Drew - well we are just lucking is he can find his shoes - in frustration he just irritates his brothers.
So today - a favorite choke point of mind is the after school unwind. On beautiful days we have the wonderful pleasure of playing with LOTS of kids - right off the bus. Its wonderful. So we do that for 1-3 hours. Literally. Today - it was windy - so 1 hour.
We come inside and now its time for homework. I come in, help said brain children take off and put away shoes and clothes (yes, hooks and baskets designated for little kid ease...)
I put drew outside to play in 8' walled back yard while I head upstairs to set nick up on reflex math and Shane on a puzzle book. less than 5 minutes later I come back downstairs to this........
EVERY pile of poop (only 5 because I cleaned it up the other day THANKFULLY) was stepped on REPEATEDLY, by the 2 feet tall brainless wonder... He was also knocking at the door to come in - Hmmm - no, you can stay out there...
No comments:
Post a Comment