A simple trip out to NoVa to visit how many folks?!? We have 4 days and lets see if we can do it. Tuesday afternoon we left RIGHT AFTER school. We were literally in the school parking lot to pick them up. Hit the road in time to beat the Thanksgiving Snow storm. We made it to Shannon's place in MD (after hitting the ONLY traffic on the ENTIRE ride on 695 the Baltimore loop - its crushing at 10:35pm....)
Drew had fallen asleep and since I was still awake I was thankful to be able to drive the extra 1.5 hours to Brambleton and stay with our awesome buddies the Wilts. We landed there just after midnight. Body Pump Music got me there (and thinking I just might be able to teach the next morning...). Megan was up waiting for us and so excited to offer up hugs!! So wonderful to be in her home. Drew managed to wake up after almost 4 hours sleeping the car - what a bear to get that one back to bed.....the joys of traveling.
Wednesday morning we got up and literally attacked it. We his the gym at 9:20 for the 9:30 Pump class that Juli let me on stage - brave of her since I hadn't taught since leaving - nice to know I still could... But BOY was I SORE. So great to see a bunch of folks there and to get out. When we went to the gym it was RAINING, when we left it was SNOWING. BIG fat flakes and the perfect excuse to go back home and NAP.
Real snow in Brambleton!
Megan orchestrated some babysitters for us and off we went for a little happy hour and to catch up with the crew.
So very fortunate to see Valery, April, and Dawn. Just chatting with everyone and being in their company again was truly wonderful. Even Amy popped over later that night after their events in DC. I didn't realize how much I truly missed the social friends and way of life that neighborhood has.
Next morning Megan shows how simply she integrates life with little dudes by making some amazing pumpkin pancakes to fill our bellies before we head to the next stop. One of the many things I love about Megan is her way of doing things so simply and with love. Nolan and Drew are VERY tough customers and we often commiserate on how to get through, what is God teaching us and will it ever stop. But spending time with her and with the boys shows me how well she makes it all happen. Thank you Megan for being my guidance too.
Now to Thanksgiving in MD with the Leadbetter/Lieb crew and.... wait the McCulloughs too - Love these sweet photos as Farrah kept it a secret that Nick would be here for Thanksgiving. Matter of fact, she wanted to snag Nick on Wednesday, but the weather and possible holiday/DC grid lock traffic prevented them - so hear was the long awaited re-uniting.
I love love that these 2 continually pick up where they left off and TRULY get lifted up by eachother - hmmm wonder where they get that from.
Such a wonderful family and friend celebration - HUGE Thank you Shannon for hosting this crew at your home. Here is a quick shot of 2 great chefs and the kid table
Now the adult table - China and all. can you count the places - 16 right?
Wyland carving the traditional Thanksgiving bird.
the Thanksgiving table selfie - a true classic
BEAUTIFUL
Full bellies?? Not yet
Only at the kids table will there be feet
The adult table managed to fill up! I had to take a photo of how colorful this plate was - do you think I went for 2nds? You bet!
Look at these good looking guys I got to sit across from - fleece vests are all the rage this year,
I have to thank Farrah for this family photo - she does a wonderful job of capturing moments and thought getting us all together was needed. SO SO thankful to have this photo as well as the memories
now stricktly kiddos - Macy was the only girl and representing well! She blends in and engages kids on such a personal level. Sounds mature right? well she is a lady!
The McCullough/Leadbetter family - first time in its entirety since Germany. I took a quick look at Farrah's blog and realized that was the case. Over the years we keep piece mailing parts of the family for link ups - so this was a very special time for us. Now we get to do it again next month.
After the big feast we drove to Woodbridge VA to spend 2 nights with the McCulloughs. It was so wonderful to unwind and live with them for a few days. The boys instituted the soon to be annual 10PM thanksgiving sandwhich (Brian cooked Thanksgiving for their family on Wednesday so we would have leftovers to munch on all weekend - genius) the kids had plenty of room to roam about and entertain themselves. I stinking love this couch!
They better each other together
This photo almost reminds me of....
This photo - a few years ago. I love to see how their relationship changes over the years. Clearly in this one Macy wanted NOTHING to do with Shane - or maybe she was crying because they were leaving Germany for the summer....
But now she was so excited to engage him and ask to play games with him. I so love her sweet little personality. Shane slept in her room the first night - but asked to sleep with the boys the second night. It broke my heart a bit - but Macy was so willing to just go in Tates room too. Love her.
Lucky guys.
Friday night Farrah hosted the Roberts as well. Loved having drinks and catching up with them too. Its amazing the family we all really created while living so far away from family.
the only Leadbetter missing was this one - she was spoiled on Tuesday and Wednesday by our neighbors who have 2 school aged kids that loved being responsible for her. Than on Friday when my folks came back from my sister's they grabbed her for an overnight. Clearly she enjoyed her Thanksgiving too. Thanks Mom and dad!
The drive home from VA was long - but I feel like we really did everything and all our hearts were full as we came home. Thanksgiving is truly a time to be thankful for.








No comments:
Post a Comment