On Friday night I received one of the biggest birthday surprises ever. Diane swooped in and stole our kids for the weekend - ALL 3 OF THEM.
SHE IS AMAZING and what an wonderful gift.
Time with this guy.
In the midst of all these snow days, kid schedules, family life - you often let time together slip away. But Diane gave us the gift of time together.
I started to wonder earlier in the week when I was starting to fill up our weekend. Little things here and there. Finally Chris said - I have the weekend planned.
Interest peaked
Friday night came and we were kinda waiting for something, someone, should I be dressed up? Dressed down, have dinner. The anticipation was killer. The end results - amazing.
After Diane breezed in (refusing to take her coat off as she vowed to not stay long enough) scooped up my pre-packed kids and headed back to her house.
Chris had booked a hotel for Saturday night leaving us the option to go out or stay home. We took the opportunity to hit Chatterley's for cocktails and a bite to eat. KID FREE. Than Chris planned the rest of the weekend at the Red Lion Inn in Great Barrington - Cross country skiing and all.
Icy conditions according to the locals. But I was with Chris - so nothing bad at all!
Meanwhile at a horse show across town.
So did they
I know he didn't do that for very long - but even 20 minutes is appreciated!
Outdoor body sledding
indoor library time
Is there another team?
Love this time.
Sure it was my birthday - but our weekend was all about this.
Snow flurries for Breakfast at a local diner too.
Thank you Thank you Chris and Diane.
The outlet splitters are really awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment