My birthday was a RAINY dreay day - accornding to my folks - it was VERY rainy the day I was born, flooded basement and all. So I guess I am happy to make light of it.
Drew and I had sports in the morning and my mom offered to take him for a bit as a gift to me. YES - I never get pedicures and treated myself to the time in the chair.
The boys came home from school and we all headed to Friendly's A place I fondly remember from childhood. Needless to say, it hasn't changed a BIT and NEEDS too. Matter of fact, the ceiling was falling in many places due to roof leaks. The food was as I remembered (yummy!) with the Sundaes being the best. The staff surprised me with some birthday singing -
my husband surprised me with some outlet splitters
Can you guess what I was more surprised by??
I literally raced from Friendly's with my family to teach Body Pump at the Zoo - so lucky to be willing and able to do that - and selfishly cherish the memory of Roger singing Happy Birthday to me last year at Sport and Health before a Body Pump class.
One of my most treasured memories.
My Birthday kept right on going as I went onto my new book club meeting. We just read - Big Little Lies. Time with other women, wine and chatting.
Birthday complete.
Final Year in my 30s..... live it up
No comments:
Post a Comment