Thursday, September 17, 2015

Rodan and Fields Convention time!

Its that wonderful, time of year - time to escape, time to learn, time to feel empowered - time to get up darn early and head to the airport.  Here I sit at the airport (no coffee as I am giving up cafine at the moment) but not beer - surely not beer - and look what is right across from my connecting gate.  yes, a beer sure does sound nice.
Here we are folks - The Doctors wanted a photo with Megan and I - of course we obliged..
meanwhile at a home across town, Shane AND Drew were learning how to PUMP - not sure what Nick is learning...
Classes to start our time together - team dinner to end our night - BIGGEST difference from last year to this year - This girl right here. Love her and love this journey with her.
Wait - who just arrived?  Over the moon!!  I wondering how long we could be in the same state and not be together.  Texas is BIG - and this girl drove all the way down from G'town just to hang out - Love You to the moon lady!!  We headed out for more food and great conversations!  At ringers - I mean Sear Sucker. More to come with the Carson's.
More dinner guests?  No they didn't make the trip - but I hear they were out to dinner too.  Dad is brave - or really didn't want to cook.
R+F convention is filled with so many things - classes, training, product reveals and as the company is growing and bringing the products to new countries its so exciting to guess where - they talk so much about the Asian Market - skin care is so different there.  It requires research to understand how it will be received,  so not yet - but whats now.....  AUSTRALIA.  sweet.
celebration Stubbs sandwich!  They brought the BBQ to US!
New Products
New research
Understanding Men's skin and with shaving, they have exfoliation down
What do they may need.  
Unblemish Step 1 to shave (shave cream)
Soothe Step 2 to calm redness (after shave)
 Redefine Step 3 for Sunscreen, moisture, anti aging (yes, guys age too!)
Recognize anyone in this photo?
A room with a view - Austin - what's not to love.
Dressed up and ready to hit the town - Miller lite and all.  I literally matched our Pedicab and proud of it!
total steady hand.
We were widely impressed by our pedi cab drivers - teachers, students, newly married - all working to earn extra breathing room in life - or to get in great shape.  One of the 2.
love the late night photos

back to school Saturday morning!  All 10,000 consultants.
Just announced - as if there was any question - if there is one thing the Dr.s know its Acne!
Means many things to many folks!

hands down COOLEST thing about Saturday - getting a message from a fellow Simsbury High School classmate that I haven't seen in OVER 20 years.  Sure, we mildly keep in touch over FB  - but when he texted me saying he was in town having lunch with his brother (also involved with R+F) and that if I was around stop by - HOW cool.  I find it truly amazing that the folks you really enjoyed in school - often go on to make very unique paths of their own.  I loved hearing the paths life has taken Alex and his family.
Phew - classes over and time to relax - here are the girls of R+F - sure there are 10,000 consultants here - but these are the ones I really love.
And of course the boys of R+F!  Ha - Chris and Kerry just flew in and Deakon grabbed them for some time in Austin.  Shannon popped down for a bit to give a quick hug to her Brother-in-law.
We escaped for a little austin Exploring ourselves.  This is the container bar in Austin - very austin hip
back to get all dolled up for the evening - even got a sneak peak of Steve, Chelcy and Monica (sneak peak - I didn't take out my phone fast enough!)
The evening was back in the convention hall to recognize some amazing achievers and start the dreams for us!  Next year convention - Las Vegas - folks were excited - honestly I would have been happier if Austin was announced for a repeat.  They did announce the RF trip in Bamf Canada - now THAT I can get on board with
As they were pulling prizes from some fortunate consultants - this sweet lady was awarded - it was her birthday as well.  Her husband is deployed so they asked him to share his encouraging words to his wife.
And than, he walked across the stage.  
Having been that military wife and having had my hubby deployed, of course I cried.  While our husbands are gone, we drive on with life - we develop new careers.  We move life forward.  
To hear his encouraging words and to see him surprise her was beautiful.  
Thank you R+F for continuing to remember our Armed Forces and the lives they lead.  
This business model give purpose to many wives who are continually uprooted, moved and want to contribute to their families finances.  
After our party we headed to find our Austin buddies at a bar across town.  So surreal to now be at a bar catching up with some folks that we 'never' use to have to catch up with.  meaning they were just always in our life.  Thanks Brian, Steve, Monica, Deakon and Chelcy for bring on the Texas warm welcome to us as well we kerry and Megan!

One day baby - dream it, work for it - consistency and yes, this will happen.
Shiny White Lexus.  A sign of a strong Team.

What a great time - now to find someone with skin =)!




No comments:

Post a Comment