Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Georgetown celebration continues

Gosh, I wish i took more photos - 
Sunday Chelcy held off on her training walk until we made it back from Austin.  I was honored to be able to join her - On November 6-8 she will be walking 60 MILES raising money towards cancer research - This journey driven by the recent and sudden passing of Deakon's father - Now her determined act to bring awareness where I know she will not only meet and come in contact with some amazing folks - but be amazed at her own ability, strength and determination.   

On a side note - I totally remember when she bought that visor I happen to be wearing - G'town 5K circa 2004!!
That evening we made a plan to link up at a Fox Hole Culinary Tavern for a little football watching - but lets be honest - it was way more about the people.  Having lived there for 6 years there are So many folks we want to see and catch up with.  So lucky that many of them were able to pop in to share dinner with us.
Of course we seemed to split up high school girl/boy style.
Some good looking guys!  I literally teared up watching some of these guys roll in to say hi.

Monday we felt like we were literally at the most amazing bed and breakfast ever.  I woke up with Chelcy and had a blast dancing in there living room to CIZE (it has not been that fun since!)  The kiddos went off to school, Deakon and Chelcy had to work a bit while we had a beautiful lazy morning.

They came home to grab us for a beautiful lunch in G'town.
All 3 of us are nicely decked out in Chelcy clothes after the amazing fashion show the night before - 
After lunch we had to grab some drinks -
and than of course some beers =)
 Georgetown has grown up SO much.  The restaurants were amazing and so diverse.  Pizza to brussle sprouts to Mexican - (all on one corner - not all for lunch, but we tried)
And apparently a second lunch.  That pizza was DELICIOUS!
I call this photo good looking guy with a pils (better than the previous beer selection)
Chris and I were able to peel away to meet with the homeowners in our 2 homes in Texas.  I always love going back to them as its such a reminder as to why we loved the home and literally why we still love them.  Even just being in this bathroom made me love it (yes, Chris - my man of many talents! was even fixing the water heater under the sink)  minor repairs.
Chelcy and Deakon are always up for some fun games - so we taught them a new one - during which Deakon and I confirmed we still share the same brain. - or taste in old music.
Or course Oklahoma sucks!!  Great beer though, Right Kerry?!
Thank you thank you Chelcy and Deakon for hosting us for an extended vacation.  We are thankful that through the years so much can stay the same between us.  We are thankful that you not only open your home to us, but to our good friends Megan and Kerry!  Kudos to Megan and Kerry for rolling with it all as if you had been part of the crew for years.  We all fit together just great.  these friends are our family - they just happen to be in Texas.

I loved making this trip with Chris - with 3 young boys at home - its often separate vacations, but the fact that I could travel with Chris, be with our couple friends together as a couple was more important than i realized or gave it credit.  Thank you mom and dad - thank you Chris for coming with!

No comments:

Post a Comment