I think they are catching the triathlon bug - right here!
Its supposed to be for 5-9 year old, but Drew was SO excited to try it, we asked if they would make a concession. She told me I may have to run beside him during the bike since the trail is kinda tough for a 4 year old (clearly she hadn't met Drew).
Here they are getting their pre-race briefing
Shane and Drew both did a 50 Meter swim (along the shore) and Nick a 100 M swim. My little swimmers were a bit bummed by the swim, mostly because most of the kiddos could walk (since you can touch there) Nick was trying to follow the rules and struggled a bit -
Now out of the water and headed for the bikes!
As with any triathlon - there are learning points, our was easier shoes to put on! As I was helping Drew, I didn't realize Shane was still struggling with his shoes - they left for the bike at almost the same time. Drew WOULD NOT let Shane beat him. That look of determination on his face was there!
Love that feeling of accomplishment on the first one - next month we will fix the shoe issue=)
Later that evening boys will be boys and they all just payed in the water and sand -
For hours!

No comments:
Post a Comment