Let me say this first - I tried to be prepared. However the first swim meet had me overwhelmed - with everything. I felt like the whole time I was like -
Oh yes, lets start warm ups -
crap, there are too many kids in the pool,
o.k., age croups,
o.k. lane markings.
o.k. what did I forget.
Yes, line up the relays - yes both sides of the pool yikes what have I gotten myself into!?!?!
Thank goodness I wan't alone!
Best part of it, was those kiddos and their little nerves. I love how they would come to me for questions and in the million things I was working on or thinking about, I always tried to stop and here them.
My favorite story is my swimmer I thought was year round, turned out to be her first race. She was terrified. We talked, really she talked, I encouraged - she got in the pool - nerves and all - Placed first and couldn't be more surprised and proud of herself.
Seriously my favorite time was being able to tell my kids that they are going to be awesome! Just try hard! Seriously, aren't they adorable??
These boys are my back bone - whatever I put them in, they swim it and swim it well!
Its tough being 6 in the 8 and under category - and this kid really has no idea how awesome he is. He doesn't like not being best - won't be much longer kiddo - just stick with me.
And Yes, I had hims swimming Fly - All Leadbetters swim Fly
Our family enjoyed a night at flat bread and I was too exhausted or releases from being overwhelmed to even know what to order. It was a great feeling. and a late night - incredibly worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment