Drew had so much fun playing a game called 'Carpet ball' when he was at YMCA this summer. When Chris and I were there our Engineering/consruction minds took over and we thought. Hmmmmm...... Maybe we could build this. Its just remembering that come birthday time.
I spent the morning in Home depot with a REALLY helpful gentlemen, got just about everything precut. Combine that with a motivated husband one Tuesday night.
The next morning I stained it so the wood stays for a few extra years and we had to hide the evidence. I loved Chris's faith in my strength as he said, "just pick it up and put it on my truck" Can anyone else tell is pretty heavy? We managed to heave it up there and very SLOWLY drove it over to Linas's house to hide it under a tarp until Birthday Time.
Can hardly see it right?!?! The boys never did.
Until the Saturday between Shane's birthday and Drew's. We surprised them with it. Than they had to help us carry it back home. With all the great measurements from our pinterest plan. It doesn't fit through any door opening. Thankfully its an outside game, but maybe a door opening or too would help?
Either way, the boys LOVE IT. and quite honestly, so do we!
No comments:
Post a Comment