Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cleaning out the attic - Times in Texas

You have all heard that 20% of our stuff is sweating away in the Texas attic right?  Well, this weekend I was determined to settle my mind and find (or assure myself) that I could put my hands on what was nagging away at me and lay the rest to 'rest' for the rest of our time away.

Before diving in, I made a list and Chelcy helped me stick to it - for our own safety. 
We extracted........
photo albums (on the list),
a wedding dress (on the list),
6 books of Benecom scratch paper (bonus item)
a lava lamp (bonus item), 
Nick's tunnel and tent, (on the list)
Assortment of Children's books (bonus items)
Nick's piggy bank from Goomba, (on the list)
stained glass piece (bonus item)
pillow covers and comforters (bonus items)

I'm certain Chris will be thrilled with the bonus items.  Especially when the 70 lb box of books arrives (sometime this winter with our mail luck) as well as the other boxes that were packed and shipped from Texas! 

This is also a great photo of the beauitful home that Lisa and Mike are building next to us!
After sweating it out, it was time to chill with the family.  This photo is the perfect description of the kids.  Together, they make an outfit (Chloe sporting the pants and Evan the shirt).  Chloe can accessorize with anything and at the moment, the bracelet of choice is the track to Evan's new bull dozer.  Evan is sporting his super man shirt.  As I spent time with him I realized he is full of dramatic highs and lows.  As does superman!
Are we sure I should be the one teaching golf?  Does this look right Chris?

This photo best describes our Sunday night.  Deakon consumed the beer while Chelcy and I tackled the wine.  Deakon was on his way back from his 4th potty break.  We were sitting in their kitchen playing movie and music trivia games where Deakon and I were obviously pawns in chelcy's climb to dominance.  It was one of those nights where we manage to make each other laugh over not much at all.  One of the best kind of nights!


I won't go into detail as to how sad it was to leave Texas again.  But it is wonderful to re-assure that it will always feel like home.  Thankfully we have convinced the Madray's as well as the Carson's to visit us this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment