Here is the beginning of our travels. We walked from our house, grabbed the bus to the train to the airport. Easy peasy right? Well I had the stroller and Chris had our 4 bags and 3 carryons... Who wins?
We chilled here for a drink and to gear up.
Nick LOVES to fly - well of course, he flew 6 time before he turned 6 months!! As far as Shane, this was his first flight!
We took a car to the hotel and apparently it was worth every penny (according to Chris who again had the 4 bags and 3 carryons) Of course I wanted to take the tube etc.... I lost.... Our hotel was amazing!! They didn't nickel and dime us for anything (it was all in the bill)
Look kids, Big Ben
Here are some protesters that are voicing their opinions. One guy has been there for 9 years. So glad to hear he can knock this out and work.... oh, wait, he doesn't have a job? Surprising....
The boys enjoyed the Duck tour. It was rather chilly - but hey, its London and I think the same hold true as we say for Germany - you can't stop your plans on account of rain or you may miss quite a bit! 

Ready to dive in
Family Leadbetter on tour
After the tour we met up with a family friend of mine, Rachel (kluba) Gibbs. We grew up with our families getting together for summers in Lake Sylva Michigan. Our meet up was great and quite simple. I wrote her a few days ago saying I will be in London for 36 hours and here is my schedule. She said great, I will see you down there. No meeting point, vague times, 4 kids (total, 2 of hers and 2 of ours) 5 adults. We found each other within 15 minutes - It was great!! Rachel has lived there for 8 years and is a London pro. She walked us to a wonderful London restaurant were we all dined on fish and chips. Afterwards she lead us to St. James Park, Buckingham Palace and Trafalgar Square
World cup Fever is alive! Here is a big screen TV in Trafalgar Square. I am sure they all watched the USA vs England match.... Rhett and Dylan signed the soccer ball. I believe they noted 'go USA'
Some views from St. James Garden - the flowers were amazing. I would like to say something to aspire too - but we all know our limits right?
They put these flags up during special occasions - World Cup surely ranks up there.
They have elephants in the parks as a charity to raise awareness of the endangered Indian elephant. Nick's favorite - the Fish and Chips Elephant! Mine too. We wanted to get all of us in one photo, so here is Rachel, Dylan, Nick, me. Shane and Jake are in the strollers below. Nice family shot!
And now the reason we are here..... Chris purchased Bon Jovi tickets as a Valentines Day gift. His second gift was getting to go with me! We were so thankful that Jen and Rhett offered to join us on the trip and hang with the boys that night. Nick referred to them as his 'big friends' Guess they made the 'cool mark'
Yup, the concert was THAT awesome
There is a video that goes with this photo and if you have your volume turned down feel free to check it out. I am almost embarrassed to post it as you cannot miss my horrible singing in the background. However you have heard this from me before - I am not a singer, I am not a dancer, but I would like to think what I may lack, I make up for with enthusiasm.
This one is for you Amanda!!
I am writing this blog while sitting on the couch in my parents home. It so refreshing to know a home that you grew up in will always feel like home. Its been transformed over the years with upgrades, new appliances and now the addition of grandparent things like jumperroos, mini basketball hoops, cribs, and Lightening McQueen sheets! Nick loves his time at Camp Carlson.
What fun adventures you go on! The boys are going to love having this blog to look back on one day!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE hearing your singing!!! And I'm so glad you got to go to the show :)
ReplyDelete