On Friday night we corralled all our best buddies at our favorite local beer garden for some hugs and toasts. It was a BEAUTIFUL sunny day - the perfect type for kicking back and toasting with some of the largest beers around =) Looks like Farrah is giving Natalie a run for her money!
Ms. Melody - our sweet first grade teacher - bet her students really think she's hot stuff when catches a ride with her hubby wearing this helmet. I just couldn't fit the helmet with her personality - so I had to capture a photo.
Babies, Babies, Babies - here are our newest additions Peter and Blake. Since we all arrived in 2009 - we have had Beau, Macy, Shane, Madeline, Blake, Peter and now a few more brewing - there really is something in the water!
Great shot of Brian in the playground
The kids all happily found a spot to play. Shane was loaded with sand by the time he came home - can you find him in his cammo hat - he is hiding.... Nick has his baseball cap on too.
Cheers - or shall I say Prost
Here are all the families that we will be saving good bye to. Kelly is headed to Turkey, Lundy to Beijing, Chad & Angela to Arizona, Wayne & Diane to Florida, Amy & Darion to Michigan (her son is standing in for her hubby Rick who already started his tour in kyrgyzstan), Ashley & Sean to Georgia, Farrah & Brian to California. Whew, really too many good byes!
Here are all the ladies that make living here way more fun we are missing a few - Heidi & Suzanne ducked in late - Lindsey is touring New Zealand, Jen and Kristen are in the states just to name a few..... Stacie and Whitner were a little too nervous to pop in quite yet - its coming ladies!
I'm cheesy, I know, but I wrote a goodbye poem and didn't hardly cry (cause i didn't look at anyone....) bet you thought I would list it here - think again!! I love this photo since it looks like Lundy might be wiping a tear while Farrah is laughing away at something hopefully witty!
hands down my favorite comment of the night that I promise NEVER to forget. Diane walked up saying - 'gosh, I could babysit this Diet Mountain Dew all night' as looked at her and she said ' that's the phrase right, babysit???' 'Oh wait, its nurse!! Yes,.... !' so Diane and so why we love her!
Some more fun photos of some great folks - it surely got chilly when the sun finally opted to go down
Here are the boys schemeing up their next adventure
Guess its time to call it a night
So that is the second step in the farewell process (the first being the - notification stage - ) the final stage being the ride to the airport - the hardest but yet most treasure stage to many.
I will always treasure Chelcy's insistance to be the one to take us to the airport. We both sat across from eachother stomaching a yummy airport sandwhich, trying to muster a good bye without the timeline of return, tears streaming - its therapy right?? Well that is coming. The McCulloughs will thankfully move in with us on the 23rd so those days will be amazing and will surely go fast. However, they board that big plane to the USA on June 1st. Turning the calendar on that final day is something I only wish I could put the brakes on... so until than....
No comments:
Post a Comment