Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mr. Independant

Teaching independance often means sacrificing fashion.





Lately Nick has been doing a fabulous job of dressing himself and it is often the chuckle I need in the morning. Today was an absolute best.

Try #1 - Spiderman shirt (check), plaid shorts (my favorite part of his outfit) missing underwear -

Try #2 - underwear on, plaid shorts now backwards (didn't notice this until we got to kindergarden - so he switched it there) Missing socks.

Try #3 - and it sure is a charm - added bright blue soccer socks!!



So off to school goes my crime fighting, preppy soccer boy! I bet he feels great (not because he forgot his underwear, remember, I corrected that part! ha!)
 
On a side note - I sent this photo with a quick email to my folks as I thought the outfit was hysterical.  My mother who has been teaching for 20+ years wrote back saying 'tell me you fixed this'  now wouldn't that just ruin the spirit of independance??  Here's hoping I won't still be saying that at 15 and thankfully he wasn't headed to high school!! 
 
He walked in the kindergarden door only to be greated by Maximillian in a Hulk T Shirt (which he promply told them in German that his brother wears the hulk T Shirt) and Finn in Spiderman.  In Nick's mind - he was a success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment