Thankfully Wednesday morning was the one rainy day we have endured in several months. It gave me validation of my sad emotions.

I am thankful that I was so crushed with their departure. You don't meet many friends in life that can be so indispensable. The kind of friends that make a boring afternoon exciting. The kind of friends that make saying goodbye impossible because you know the moment you travel to a closer location, they will pack their bags and meet up with you. The McCulloughs are headed to California and will be part of our family that now lives there. We are excited to visit them!
It really doesn't look like we are taking them to the airport - maybe to a plumbing job...... But it does look like the dogs are ready to travel

Making that Mini work!

are you ready boys??

We all spent a little extra time at the ticket counter. Originally the agent told them no to flying with dogs. miraculously they were re-routed on KLM through Amsterdam on that same day (and all together - to included another mother who was traveling solo with her 14 month old and 2 year old dog) Sadly it put their arrival in Atlanta much later - their heads did not finally rest on a pillow until 3:30 AM. Surely made for a long day when you woke up at 5AM the previous morning

The KLM agent was able to 'speed' them through the security line - however Ms. Farrah got pulled aside for an extra screening!! Better make that flight!! Run Run!!

It was a very teary eyed goodbye - but hey, that's what we excepted. The rain continued to come down the rest of the day.
Many of Chris's office mates were sick that day and he was feeling a bit under the weather too - so in the early afternoon when I saw the door open to see my husband on the other side it was the greatest gift on a sad day. The four of us quietly curled up on the couch and enjoyed a kids movie together.
I am very much a music person - it motivates me at spin, it brings back memories, it captures a moment in time, it even makes me cry. Lately I haven't been able to stay dry eyed through the song 'good life' by One Republic. Daringly I added it to my recent spin mix. I taught the mix on the Wednesday morning of their departure. I did get a bit choked up, but I can blame that on the endorphins right?
The song reminds me that we are living the good life and really, what is there to complain about?? Sure, our wonderful friend will be miles away - but won't you rather have wonderful friends?? Every time I hear the song I will remember the commotion in my kitchen before dinner (the part that almost makes me lose my mind) I will remember Farrah trying to get Macy to eat one more bite, or hoping Tate will eventually swallow the ten bites of chicken in his mouth. I will remember Brian and Chris coming home exhausted but immediately helping out with the kids and getting the party supplies out. I will remember Nick and Tate playing legos and cover orange at 6AM and I will remember Farrah giving me that one last hug saying - now have that baby and figure out how to get back home. I will also remember quietly watching that afternoon movie together as a family. We surely are living the good life and there is nothing to complain about!
No comments:
Post a Comment