Monday, February 20, 2012

Before and After

Every decorating book I have thumbed through in the recent months has stated that PAINT in the single cheapest BEST improvement you can put on a house - how true.  Its a rental so lets not go over board, but check this out.  I bet you guys are thankful those fake flower survived the HOT texas attic

Before

After (really only 1.5 hours of labor, not bad right?)

The guest room downstairs - and your room if you want to visit... we removed the vertical blinds...  yuck right?  Painted the room Elephant Grey.  Barbara offered up some old material and her labor for some beautiful curtains and a room transformation.
The curtains are currently in the hemming process.
Here is a fun before and after story - before - kids running around the empty house crazy...  10 minutes later of the GMC Denali motor running and you have - AFTER.... 
I gave them an extra 10 minutes as I chatted with Elle about her trip stateside.  I cannot believe we traveled France shortly after new years and now we are planning a weekend in VA for March.  How lucky I am to have friends that travel!

So 10 minutes later and we are in the Restaration Harware outlet.  They have an 'outlet rack' rack of curtains.  I have several lined out - colors, Rod pocket, Grommet, 84, 96, 108...  colors, locations...  I need help!!  I phone a life line and THANKFULLY Chelcy answers.  Seriously, what do I do with these options.  Chelcy finishes her business call and immediately pulls up Restoration Hardware on her computer - so we are talking the same language.  Within minutes she has me focused on what I need to purchase.  Than she stops and says, what is the price you are looking at for these curatins?  I answer with $25-$40.  Her response - buy them all!!  o.k. maybe the wrong life line....  but here are the after photos of our family room. and boys rooms and yes, I may go back for more!




No comments:

Post a Comment